Wednesday, April 13

Fishing eel on the IJsselmeer


A fishing boat from Volendam lies on his anchor, the fishermen working on the fishtrap in a little workingboat. The fishtrap is called "Fuik" in dutch. In the Rightward Model the image of the "Fuik" is used to discribe the way people are formed and how they become trapped in their own life. These fisherman remind me on one of my roots, the little village of Urk, once an island in the Suydersee, now part of the polder Flevoland. My grandmother came from this island. Fishermen they where, sunday in the church, monday at sea. Standing at the helm of a botter, an ancient wooden sailing fishingboat of which a lot again are in good condition, I feel totaly happy. I think its the place that's meant for me, where I realy totaly fit in.

1 comment:

Jaap said...

De UK 22 was weer de eerste met aal aan de afslag dit seizoen. Goede vangst, viel erg mee.