Sunday, June 26

Another dead owl


Beautifull blazing and biting I held this owlschick in my hand two days ago. It was pushed out of the nest as every year one ore two chicks are. The real struggle for life is everywhere around us. Today I found it in the barn dead. The mother sometimes brings the fallen chicks a mouse, but the chicks in the nest go first. It is complete and has a wingspan from almost 60 centimeters. A beautifull bird. At night I watch the parents fly in and out, very silently and smooth.

1 comment:

Wil said...

It's a shame, but it is Nature's way of preventing an over population...

Saw a Great Horned Owl fly over the house, along the stream and into the woods at the back of the property a few evenings ago. Majestic creatures - I wish thet'd nest closer but then the cats would be running a mortal risk.

Oh well - so it goes.