Friday, October 21

Computer garbage


I hate to throw things away, especially when they still work. What you see on this picture are computers, printers, monitors, modems and other computer stuff that I kept, but now will be thrown away. Most machines still work, there are actually 2 laserprinters, some apple computers, and a lot of broken monitors. There is an elektrical typewriter to, do you know what that is? A keyboard and a printer without a computer. Everything is obsolete, too slow, too small, or superfluous. Some monitors still have stickers with phone numbers on it or access codes. I still have a brand new toner cartridge for the apple laserprinter. I never use it anymore, I have one color printer in he network and that’s enough. The computers I work with run under Apple OSX and windows 2000. The computers you see here are far too slow or too small to even run the operating system. But hey, I don’t want to throw them away, I used to work with this stuff, I made things with these machines, books, magazines, newspapers, I earned my living with this pile of junk! So, come and get what you want, you can have it!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I operate a data entry business from my home. Just a few years ago I had a similar pile of mostly broken old 386's and ancient monitors sitting outside my garage.
It was less than 10 years ago that we switched from those huge 8" disks (and had to dump those machines).
Good luck giving this stuff away :o))
Laurie

Wil said...

Heck, I still have the comuter with the 8" drives. Two of them. Plus a North*tar 5 1/4" CP/M machine. I'm running out of room. SWMBO is lobbying for the space the occupy and I'm running out of excuses. Oh No!




*She Who Must Be Obeyed

Laurie said...

Hi Wil-with-one-L~

SWMBO, MBO :o)

Actually the 8" drives were in IBM 3742's, strictly 'data entry' steel monsters. Talk about taking up space! We crawled out of the data entry evolutionary chain to those from the olde card-punch machines.